Attention Co-op Members, the Co-op’s 2016 Annual General Meeting is on soon!
Date Thursday 24th November, 2016
Location At the Co-op
- We will hear reports on the co-op’s activities, both financial and otherwise, for the year.
- Current directors will come to the end of their term.
- Directors for the next year will be elected.
- We will affirm the rate of directors’ pay (which has historically been zero).
A regular co-op meeting discussing operational matters will follow the AGM.
Becoming a Director
At this meeting, all current Directors will resign from their positions and elections will be held to fill the places. The Co-op has 5 Directors, including a Secretary and a Treasurer.
Nominees must be active members of the Co-op (annual subs up-to-date and have shopped at the Co-op at least once in the past 12 months) and must be at least 18 years old.
The role is voluntary and you will be entitled to a Permanent Volunteer discount for the duration of your time as Director. See here for information about being a Director, and here for our description of the role. This link takes you to the Department of Fair Trading guidelines on the duties and responsibilities of a Director.
Would you like to nominate for our board? We welcome your application.
- Provide a notice in writing consenting to your nomination. This must be signed by you.
- Ensure your nomination is signed by 2 or more members.
- Provide brief details of your qualifications and experience. Include length of previous service as a director of any other co-operative, if applicable.
- Lodge your nomination with one of the current Directors in person, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send to PO Box 178, Thirroul 2515.
The election will take place at the AGM. If there are exactly 5 nominees, then the nominees will be automatically elected. If there are more than 5 nominees, then a ballot will be held. If there are less than 5 nominees, then those nominees will be elected and nominations for people to fill the remaining vacancies shall be called from the floor and a ballot held if required.
We hope to see you there!