Retail Assistant Role
The Co-op is looking for a Retail Assistant to join the team. This is a paid part time role for up to 15 hours per week, including Thursday evenings and Saturdays. Have a look at the job description below and if you’re interested, please send a cover letter including why you would be a good fit for the role, and your CV to email@example.com.
Applications will close at 6pm onFriday 8 December, 2017.
The Flame Tree Community Food Co-operative is a not for profit organisation based in Thirroul. We are dedicated to providing wholesome food to our members and the wider community that is:
- reasonably priced
- locally sourced where possible
- ethically produced
- organic or pesticide free where possible
- minimally packaged
The Co-op relies on a dedicated group of volunteers to run the organisation, including those volunteers that work in the shop and have roles that keep the shop open such as stock ordering and management and volunteer co-ordination.
- Day to day hands on operation of the shop including re-stocking, pricing, merchandising the store shelves and serving customers.
- Assist with ongoing volunteer training and supervision, ensuring our volunteers feel valued and supported.
- Engage and connect with current and future clients and volunteers to help create a great shopping and volunteering experience.
- Assist the shop manager with stock ordering related activities, including communicating inventory shorts and over stocks, helping to minimise losses.
- Look for improvements to the business and communicate well with the shop manager to ensure the shop is always clean, presentable and stocked for trade.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the shop by complying with legal requirements and policies as advised by the shop manager.
- Grocery retail experience, familiar with retail operations.
- A passion for customer service.
- Familiar with organic wholefood bulk grocery product range and merchandising.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Experience working with a volunteer run organisation.