We are a member owned, not-for-profit co-operative that provides people with access to healthy food from our shopfront in Thirroul. We are varied, but united by our commitment to the core values of healthy, eco-friendly food with minimal packaging waste, and the democratic business model of the co-operative.
Our objectives are to
• carry out our business to enable access to affordable healthy food
• carry a diverse range of quality products that contribute to healthy living
• provide an accessible shopfront that is open to meet community needs and is a safe and pleasant environment to shop in
• act as a meeting place to foster the environmental, social and personal growth of our community
• adopt ecologically sound practices and systems throughout the life cycle of products (including minimal packaging and food miles, fair trade, GM free and waste management)
• support the local economy and employment through relationships with local growers and producers
We are overseen by a board of directors who are responsible to the membership for operating the Co-op within the Co-operative National Law (and regulations) and by a set of rules that are determined by the membership.
The current Board of Directors are:
• Paul Spencer (Secretary)
• Justin Licht (Treasurer)
• Cherrida Hardaker
• Jane Caldwell
• Louisa Smith
The board includes a position of Treasurer, Secretary and three other directors and the term of office of a director is 1 year.