We source vegetables and fruit from local suppliers:
Dapto Community Farm in Dapto
– pesticide-free seasonal vegetables
Green Connectin Warrawong
– organic vegetables and fruit/veg boxes (see below)
Glenbernie Orchard in Darkes Forest
– apples, stone fruit
Popes Produce in Woonona
– salad greens
Moonacres Farm at Fitzroy Falls
– certified organic seasonal vegetables and fruit
We supplement our local supply with organic produce from the Sydney markets, this comes in late Thursday afternoons.
Green Connect Veg Boxes
Sign up for local, seasonal, organic fruit and/or veg each week
Green Connect sells a weekly Veg Box packed with local, seasonal and chemical-free food. It’s the delicious way to support food that is good for those who eat it, those who grow it and the planet.
Green Connect is a social enterprise, a different kind of business, who employ former refugees and young people in jobs that make the planet better.
With their veg box they grow jobs at their farm in Warrawong, and help build a fair, sustainable and resilient food system.
As a Veg Box subscriber, each week you’ll get a range of different herbs and veg that change week-to-week. Before each season starts Green Connect will let you know what to expect (and let you exclude a couple of things you don’t want).
Each week you’ll get a range of seasonal, organic herbs and vegetables that change week to week, including:
- Onions, and other alliums like leek
- Potatoes and other root veg like carrot and beetroot
- Leafy greens like kale and lettuce
- Flowering veg like tomato and zucchini
- Legumes like beans and peas
- Herbs like parsley and basil
Veg boxes are available in two sizes: regular (feeds 2-4) and small (feeds 1-2).
- A regular Veg Box $40 per week
- A small Veg Box $24 per week
- Pick up from the farm in Warrawong – no charge
- Pick up from the Co-op for an extra $5 per week – boxes available 5pm-7pm on Thursdays
- Have your box delivered to your home if you live between Windang and Bellambi for an extra $5 per week